Wednesday, September 30, 2009

It started like this - Step 1 to 5...

It started like this -

1) Uninstall the Software automatically and then reboot. Now re-install the Software. Now you should be able to use your PC as before.
2) Well, guess what…this did not only not work, but now the Software started to install as far as approximately 95% and then the installation files started to roll back the procedure. It removed the installation so far and it would not install – no matter what.
3) Then I thought that the automatic uninstall probably did not uninstall everything so I will proceed step by step to manually uninstall. Needless to say, this did not work.
4) So I got back on the phone to the Vodafone help desk (in my case). In your case it would have been whichever supplier’s hardware/software you were battling with. Ok, so they told me that it must be my hardware that is faulty. I have a laptop that is using the hardware (modem) perfectly so I told them. They said I must check where the differences lie between the two. I did. Both were running Windows XP. The laptop however had SP2 and SP3 installed.
5) So next step – I painstakingly downloaded both SP2 and SP3. I searched the Windows error site for anything else I could come across and got all the Windows XP fixes for anything that looked remotely similar to my error. Hours and a depleted bundle later – I went back to my PC and installed all the Software I had just got from Windows Update.Guess what – my PC still did not work.

No comments:

Post a Comment