Wednesday, September 30, 2009

As I continued - Let me save you the frustration...

So I plodded on further. I noticed that people were experiencing the error whether they installed their modems or whether it was music software or something else. I also noticed that the agents for the Software in the technical support division did not have a fix. They had no solution to the error. No matter what software it was to run whatever hardware.

Common answers from the technical support of the hardware/software supplier were – it is a windows error, a windows conflict, a win ini file error, etc. Well, they were not entirely right but also not entirely wrong. They were right that it was not their error, but they were wrong that it was a windows error.

Read on….these Step by Step processes are necessary so that you do not make my mistakes. They cost me dearly and I can help you with my experiences – free.

I am also going to save you lots and lots of frustration and lots and lots of money that I wasted downloading unnecessary files and purchasing other software fixes that I did not actually need. So, bare with the waffle it is drawn out, but at the end people – the solution is free – and that makes all the difference!

Firstly, I need to tell you that I purchased my PC second hand and I could use the modem software for the first day that I installed it. I worked until late and then I shut my PC down.
In the morning when I got up – I turned the PC on to work and low and behold I got the
“Application failed to initialize properly (0xc000007b) Click on OK to terminate the application error”. I called the Vodafone help desk because I initially thought that they would be able to diagnose hardware/software or Windows error. They insisted that after dealing with it on a daily basis – not only did they get calls logged for this often, but they had managed to ascertain that it was some sort of Windows Conflict Error. I know enough about PC’s to know that this sounded right to me – so I proceeded to follow their advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment